.

I have always loved being crafty! I started making hair bows when I found out my husband and I were having a little girl. I loved making them for her, it was so fun! I recently started making them for others as well. I think there is nothing cuter than a big bow in a little girls hair! If you would like to order something please e-mail me at Cherished.Creations@hotmail.com I'm always adding new things as I find something fun and new to create daily!

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Passion of the Wolf





As we all know, there are many stories and legends (who knows, possibly even truths) associated with the wolf. I have my favourites, so, of course, it would be hard to pick just one to be inspired by. The, let's say fable, that inspired this piece, however, is a story commonly known as "Two Wolves". I will sum it up for you, from the way that I took it and the best way I remember it, as I'm sure there are variations in the version heard, depending on who tells it.


A young Grandson went to his Native American Grandfather with anger from a friend who had done him wrong. Grandfather said, that he too, at times felt a great hate for those who have taken what was not theirs and felt no sorrow. "Hate wears you down" continued the Grandfather, but does not hurt your enemy. "It is like taking poison and wishing your enemy would die." He went on to explain to his Grandson:

"It is as if there are two wolves inside me; One is good and does no harm. He lives in harmony with all around him and does not take offense when no offense was intended. He will only fight when it is right to do so, and in the right way. He saves all his energy for the right fight."

As for the other wolf, Grandfather said "He is full of anger. The littlest thing will set him into a fit of temper. He fights everyone, all the time, for no reason. He cannot think because his anger and hate are so great. It is helpless anger, for his anger will change nothing. Sometimes it is hard to live with these two wolves inside me, for both of them try to dominate my spirit.”

The young Grandson looks his Grandfather in the eyes and asks, "Which one wins?"
The Grandfather quietly replies, "The one I feed."

The wolf, I believe, has passion in whatever he does. Weather that be love or hate he expresses himself in a very strong manner. As the story, I also believe it is true, the reference between wolf and Man in this state. There is always a chance for love or hate, whichever emotion we choose to feed, it overcomes us. The round bead represents to me the Moon, which in many stories governs the wolf (as well as other things in nature). The square bead is the wolf itself, taking form of the emotion YOU choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment