.

I have always loved being crafty! I started making hair bows when I found out my husband and I were having a little girl. I loved making them for her, it was so fun! I recently started making them for others as well. I think there is nothing cuter than a big bow in a little girls hair! If you would like to order something please e-mail me at Cherished.Creations@hotmail.com I'm always adding new things as I find something fun and new to create daily!

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Art of Crochet

I have always enjoyed receiving a nice gift of a handmade crocheted item. They're beautiful, but not only that, receiving one would be a great honour. It takes work, care and patience to create such gifts. Attention to detail, it really shows what you mean to the person who made it for you. I have grown up seeing several family members and friends working on a blanket, booties, hats, or even other items and I've always told myself someday I would love to learn. Well, I believe that day has come! Finally I decided it was time for me to stop waiting around. If I want a beautiful crochet item to hand down to my daughter it isn't going to make itself so I might as well get started now, who knows maybe even teach my daughter when she is older! It took me all of a day and a half but I think I've finally gotten the hang of what I've gotta do to get this little hat done right!! I still have a long way to go before it's perfect, but I'm happy with the results so far. Also very addicting...I've hardly been able to put my needle down since I've started! Pictures to come soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment