.

I have always loved being crafty! I started making hair bows when I found out my husband and I were having a little girl. I loved making them for her, it was so fun! I recently started making them for others as well. I think there is nothing cuter than a big bow in a little girls hair! If you would like to order something please e-mail me at Cherished.Creations@hotmail.com I'm always adding new things as I find something fun and new to create daily!

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Lost in Crimson Dreams





Lore behind Lost in Crimson Dreams: This piece was inspired by a story I have written.

Legend has it that a young woman had a vivid dream of the man she would marry, she had the dream every night since she could remember. One day she finally met this man and as Fate would have it, they fell in love. Sadly, they only had one and a half days to spend together before he was called out to sea. Shortly after his departure, she heard news that he was lost in the vicious waters of the storm. She spent one and a half days crying bloody tears, mourning for the life she knew, but would never live out. Myth goes on to say that the blood in her tears made their way into the ocean, where they then formed a special and unique rock. The beautiful, bright red colour of this rock can only be seen by the eyes of two lovers, to everyone else it appears unimpressive and ugly.

These earrings are made from two glass beads. A bigger one representing the full day the lovers spent together, and a smaller bead which represents the half day together (also representing the amount of time the young lady lover shed her tears) each bead has a silver swirl running throughout it, which reminded me of the oceans tide. Which, of course, is not only where the "lovers" rock can be found, but also where her love was lost at Sea.

I have a limited amount of these available if you wish to purchase a set please contact me. Cherished.Creations@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment